Brand Hall News Items
Brand Hall not running in 2020
- Published: 01 April 2020
In these terrible times we do hope everyone is staying safe, sadly, due to the current circumstances Brand Hall Horse Trials will not be running in 2020. We wish all our sponsors, volunteers, officials and competitors well at this difficult time.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Brand Hall in the future
Festival of Youth 2019 Round-up
- Published: 18 June 2019
Festival of Youth
BRAND HALL INTERNATIONAL HORSE TRIALS
Norton in Hales, Shropshire 31st May – 2nd June 2019
The Charles Owen British Ponies Championship CCI2*- S BCP
David and Catherine Witt of Rookery Park Stud CCI2* – S
IEC Equine Solutions CCIJ2*- S
Hatfields Land Rover Shrewsbury Novice & Novice Regional Final
Reaseheath College Open Novice
Charles Owen British Pony Championship
What a great weekend! - a new National Champion crowned for the Charles Owen British Pony Championship - Sf Detroit owned by Georgina Herrling and ridden by Daisy Bathe they lead from the beginning with an unbelievable dressage score of 19.6. They were just as impressive across country and then on the final day rolled a pole in the show jumping but were still the clear winners by some 5 marks. A delighted Daisy said' I have had an amazing week! The beautifully built course was testing but I had a fabulous ride and I feel very privileged to ride around the wonderful venue". Along with the Charles Owen Rug and voucher Daisy also won the Ian Stark trophy and a bridle kindly presented by Camilla Lywood, Liveryman for the Worshipful Company of Saddlers and the Jane Whitely cup for the best Dressage test. This combination are now on the long list for the European Championships. Finn Healey won the Martin Whitely trophy and Storm Tech jacket for the highest placed boy. The Whitely Horse trophy for the best under 14 went to Amelia Ludiman.
Two wins for Polly Stockton
Local rider Polly Stockton won the David and Catherine Witt of Rookery Park Stud CCI2*-S with Mafra Smithers and Cressida Legge's Sir Alfred II to finish on their impress dressage score of 29.1 Polly said 'I am chuffed to bits! he is a big horse but he has come along in leaps and bounds this year gaining so much confidence.'
Polly Stockton also took the first prize in the Hatfield Land Rover Shrewsbury Novice Section E riding Kate Willis's and her own Chicko who finished on their dressage score of 30.0.
A tightly fought competition in the IEC Equine Solutions CCIJ2*-S, these under 18's certainly tackled all three phases with determination. Again dressage leader, 17 year old Jess Corser riding Moangarriff Duke kept her cool to gain the title. Jess said 'I had a great ride, the course rode really well and I took all the direct routes – this is my first International win! We bought him 18 months ago after I saw him advertised online. He cruised round today and we are hoping to do the eight and nine year olds at Blenheim later this summer"
The three Novice sections plus the Novice Regional Final all sponsored by Hatfields Land Rover Shrewsbury were very tightly contested sections with less than 1 mark between the top two.
Litchfield Foxtrot ridden by Robyn Gray and owned by Jane Phillips with connections to one of our sponsors William Mellard & Sons Ltd. won the Open Novice Section sponsored by Reaseheath College. Many students from the College volunteered their help in various roles during the event – so a good time was had by all!
Event Organiser Janet Plant said – 'this was our eleventh year at Brand Hall, always a pleasure and a privilege to work with our amazing land owners Mr and Mrs Michael Taylor. Brand Hall looked magnificent, our hosts have done a fabulous job of preserving this small part of old English Heritage. It is a joy to be the course designer with such natural features to work with.
The BE 90's on Sunday had such a great time – I have received letters, emails and telephone messages from competitors all congratulating the event. Sponsors, Supporters, Volunteers and Emergency Services all rose to the challenge. There were many rumours that this could be the last year with the CCI sections moving further North - just watch this space we have plans which we hope will shortly be revealed !
- Published: 28 May 2019
If you are travelling from the M6 Juntion 15 or 14 the road closure does not affect you.
Brand Hall Horse Trials must be approached off the A53 Newcastle under Lyme to Shrewsbury road, take a turning signposted Norton in Hales. Please follow all Horse Trials signs do not go through the village, The Post Code TF9 4BF is the Horse Trials entrance, the House Drive is not to be used.
The suspected closure will be on the 30th & 31st May and 1st June between 0930hrs and 1600hrs on the A53 between the A41 and A529 if within these times estimate to add 30 minutes to your journey.
If you are approaching from the A41 and turning at Tern Hill onto the A53 there will be road closures on the A53 before the Gingerbread Man pub island (A529) consult your map and allow plenty of time.
Travelling up the A41 from the Newport direction turn right off at Hinstock onto the A529 into Market Drayton stay on the A529 turning right onto the A53 at the Gingerbread Man Pub island.
Travelling from Whitchurch turn on the A525 towards Audlem and the turn onto the A529 turning left onto the A53 at the Gingerbread Man Pub island.
Thanks for the image Google
Roy Burek - Charles Owen
- Published: 07 May 2019
It was with great sadness to hear of the passing of Roy Burek.
A kind generous soul who always had time for everyone. Roy's passion was safety and he dedicated his life to his family's company Charles Owen Ltd and the production and development of the rider's hat in order to save lives.
He touched the lives of so many riders in various Equine disciplines but my involvement with Roy started back in 1999 at Sansaw Park when Charles Owen sponsored the FEI Pony sections. When we moved to Brand Hall 10 years later Roy and the Charles Owen sponsorship came with us.
These events have been used for the selection for our European Eventing Pony Teams. Looking back at my records I believe that Roy along with Charles Owen's support gave the Great Britain Pony Event Team a purpose to date they have won 6 Team Gold, 7 Team Silver, and 3 Team Bronze medals. We also had 4 individual Gold, 8 individual Silver and 2 Individual Bronze medals. Ponies became house hold names and future stars were born.
Roy's passion and dedication was instrumental in this success. He will be sorely missed and our love goes out to all of his family at this very sad time.
Janet Plant and the Team
Brand Hall International Horse Trials
IEC Equine Solutions joins the team
- Published: 30 April 2019
- We are delighted to welcome IEC Equine Solutions as a key sponsor at Brand Hall 31st May – 2nd June 2019. IEC Equine Solutions CCIJ2*-S is a new initiative from BE to help the development of the Juniors who may be looking at team places in the future or are on their way to the u18 Championships for the CCIJ2*-L later this year.
- These young athletes rarely get the opportunity to compete within a true international competition. Day one the Dressage will be in a fully enclosed FEI arena with a great atmosphere from the trade stands. On the second day they will show jump in the main arena and then go cross country with a longer distance than the novice sections used in qualifications, again giving them valuable experience
- IEC Equine Solutions commented. "We are delighted to be able to sponsor the new CCIJ2* at Brand Hall this year as this event is very local to us. It is rewarding to be able to support our up and coming junior riders and to give them the opportunity to experience the atmosphere within an international competition. We are looking forward to what promises to be a great weekend of competition. "
- IEC Equine Solutions is part of a family-owned farming business, Wilson Farms, with more than 40 years' experience working in agriculture. They specialise in providing horse owners with exceptionally absorbent and consistent bedding and feed products across the UK, from the Highlands down to Devon and Cornwall and everywhere in-between.
- Based locally in Shropshire, IEC Equine Solutions contacted Janet Plant joint organiser asking for opportunities to be involved. Janet commented, "We were excited to talk this new initiative through with IEC Equine Solutions. We have always been passionate about the younger generation having opportunities. IEC Equine Solutions are a company that is fully aware of equestrian needs. IEC Equine Solutions will be a tremendous boost to the event. IEC Equine Solutions support will help Brand Hall build a good experience for these young competitors on their first steps into the FEI world of eventing".
- Richard Carruthers Coach for many of the top u18 competitors commented "We are incredibly lucky to have an opportunity for our u18 riders to compete in the 2019 CCI 2*-S class at Brand Hall International Horse Trials. The main focus for many of these younger riders will be the u18 Regional Championships which run at the end of July in Yorkshire. Brand Hall's place in the calendar provides the ideal chance for riders to make their first step on to the International ladder giving them valuable experience of an FEI competition before they have the added pressure of representing their region at the Championship.
- With all three phases just "up a notch" in difficulty, this competition, run on fantastic old parkland turf, will really help riders hone their skills and provide a bench mark for their future training needs as they strive for Championship success."
- IEC Equine Solutions supply three great products that reflect their knowledge, understanding and experience of the equine world's needs:-
- IEC Equine Elite Meadow Grass, cut and dried the same day with every bale traceable to the exact field from which it was produced. Completely natural, highly palatable and dust free. Due to its soft nature it is ideal as a hay replacer for fussy feeders, horses with dental issues and elderly horses who struggle to eat hay /haylage and maintain condition.
- IEC Equine Elite Lucerne is a natural, nutrient rich, high fibre product suitable for horses in all levels of work, including at rest. Cut fresh dried the same day, containing more digestible protein than hay, it has a great benefit to horses at risk of gastric ulcers
- IEC Equine Elite Bedding is a completely natural, sustainable alternative to wood shavings and other forms of bedding. It is dust extracted, ultra-absorbent, low maintenance and compatible with all stable routines It has been created with the welfare of the horse in mind, but is also environmentally friendly, a carbon neutral product and has been proven to be beneficial to wildlife.
The Brand Hall team looks forward to welcoming competitors and supporters to the Event this April. For full information please visit www.brandhallht.co.uk
Follow the Event's official Twitter account here twitter.com/BrandHallHT
IEC Equine Solutions website can be found at www.iecsolutions.co.uk/iec-equine-solutions/
Interviews and photo opportunities can be arranged. For further details please contact: