Brand Hall News Items
IEC Equine Solutions joins the team
- Published: 30 April 2019
- We are delighted to welcome IEC Equine Solutions as a key sponsor at Brand Hall 31st May – 2nd June 2019. IEC Equine Solutions CCIJ2*-S is a new initiative from BE to help the development of the Juniors who may be looking at team places in the future or are on their way to the u18 Championships for the CCIJ2*-L later this year.
- These young athletes rarely get the opportunity to compete within a true international competition. Day one the Dressage will be in a fully enclosed FEI arena with a great atmosphere from the trade stands. On the second day they will show jump in the main arena and then go cross country with a longer distance than the novice sections used in qualifications, again giving them valuable experience
- IEC Equine Solutions commented. "We are delighted to be able to sponsor the new CCIJ2* at Brand Hall this year as this event is very local to us. It is rewarding to be able to support our up and coming junior riders and to give them the opportunity to experience the atmosphere within an international competition. We are looking forward to what promises to be a great weekend of competition. "
- IEC Equine Solutions is part of a family-owned farming business, Wilson Farms, with more than 40 years' experience working in agriculture. They specialise in providing horse owners with exceptionally absorbent and consistent bedding and feed products across the UK, from the Highlands down to Devon and Cornwall and everywhere in-between.
- Based locally in Shropshire, IEC Equine Solutions contacted Janet Plant joint organiser asking for opportunities to be involved. Janet commented, "We were excited to talk this new initiative through with IEC Equine Solutions. We have always been passionate about the younger generation having opportunities. IEC Equine Solutions are a company that is fully aware of equestrian needs. IEC Equine Solutions will be a tremendous boost to the event. IEC Equine Solutions support will help Brand Hall build a good experience for these young competitors on their first steps into the FEI world of eventing".
- Richard Carruthers Coach for many of the top u18 competitors commented "We are incredibly lucky to have an opportunity for our u18 riders to compete in the 2019 CCI 2*-S class at Brand Hall International Horse Trials. The main focus for many of these younger riders will be the u18 Regional Championships which run at the end of July in Yorkshire. Brand Hall's place in the calendar provides the ideal chance for riders to make their first step on to the International ladder giving them valuable experience of an FEI competition before they have the added pressure of representing their region at the Championship.
- With all three phases just "up a notch" in difficulty, this competition, run on fantastic old parkland turf, will really help riders hone their skills and provide a bench mark for their future training needs as they strive for Championship success."
- IEC Equine Solutions supply three great products that reflect their knowledge, understanding and experience of the equine world's needs:-
- IEC Equine Elite Meadow Grass, cut and dried the same day with every bale traceable to the exact field from which it was produced. Completely natural, highly palatable and dust free. Due to its soft nature it is ideal as a hay replacer for fussy feeders, horses with dental issues and elderly horses who struggle to eat hay /haylage and maintain condition.
- IEC Equine Elite Lucerne is a natural, nutrient rich, high fibre product suitable for horses in all levels of work, including at rest. Cut fresh dried the same day, containing more digestible protein than hay, it has a great benefit to horses at risk of gastric ulcers
- IEC Equine Elite Bedding is a completely natural, sustainable alternative to wood shavings and other forms of bedding. It is dust extracted, ultra-absorbent, low maintenance and compatible with all stable routines It has been created with the welfare of the horse in mind, but is also environmentally friendly, a carbon neutral product and has been proven to be beneficial to wildlife.
The Brand Hall team looks forward to welcoming competitors and supporters to the Event this April. For full information please visit www.brandhallht.co.uk
Follow the Event's official Twitter account here twitter.com/BrandHallHT
IEC Equine Solutions website can be found at www.iecsolutions.co.uk/iec-equine-solutions/
Interviews and photo opportunities can be arranged. For further details please contact:
Happy New Year
- Published: 01 January 2019
We would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year
It never ceases to amaze me how many volunteers we need each year to run this special event, each and every one of you should raise a glass to your success. You make Brand Hall a great event, make no mistake, without you there would be no event, every one works so hard behind the event to make this magical park come alive.
Brand Hall Horse Trials has already been asked to host the Charles Owen Pony Championships CCI-S2*BCP for 2019. This is a very special Championship for all those riders 16 and under starting their eventing careers. We will also run a CCI-S2* and this year we have a very special CCI-SJ2* that is open to all qualified competitors under 18. This should see many of the Novice U18 competitors out for some extra practice at this level on their way to the Championships. Sunday as always is dedicated to BE90 sections.
This very special park is open for just one weekend a year. We know how privileged we are to watch horses gallop across the magnificent Park land, so happy New Year to all our competitors because without you the Brand Hall Horse Trials team would not have so much fun.
2018 is over and the team is busy making plans to turn the course around and go in the opposite direction for 2019!
Finally thank you Sponsors for all of your support in 2018, we can never underestimate just what Sponsorship has allowed this great event to become.
Dates for your diary
31st May – 2nd June 2019
We wish you every success in 2019, Health and Happiness to all our equestrian friends.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
Happy New Year
Janet & Vicky Plant
Brand Hall Horse Trials Joint Organisers.
Georgie Rockingham says Thank You Volunteers
- Published: 28 June 2017
The beautiful Brand Hall estate has been restored to its pre-event condition and peace returns to this idyllic corner of the Shropshire countryside.
We received the following communications from Novice Section F winner Georgie Rockingham on September Song, not only praising the hard work of the team, but also recognising the importance of the volunteers. She has kindly allowed us to publish them here.
Just a quick note to say thank you very much for organising such a lovely event at Brand Hall. As always you and your team did the most fabulous job of running the event, making the ground next to perfect and presenting the courses beautifully.
I had a fabulous run, and was lucky enough to win my section.
Please could you pass on my thanks to everyone who was involved in making the event such a great success, as without all of your hard work and the help of the volunteers our sport couldn't run- so thank you.
...and in a further email Georgie expressed her thoughts on volunteers:
"I think it is important all riders understand the importance of the volunteers who support our sport - I volunteer twice a year, usually at Belton and Osberton (wish I had time for more) and it is certainly an eye opener.
Thanks again for a great Brand and I hope to return next year!
When did you last volunteer to keep your sport running?
- Published: 28 June 2017
Yet again the volunteers support made this great event happen, it was ninth year at Brand Hall.
Two new National Champions crowned, the Racesafe CCIJ* British Junior Championship Playtime Nzph ridden by Sasha Hargreaves and the Charles Owen British Pony Championship Little Indian Feather ridden by Saffie Osborne, we wish them well at the European Championships. The final International section, The Rookery Park Stud CIC* winner was Ms Independent ridden by Jack Leese. This CIC* section is now firmly on the rider's calendar and is building a good reputation for the up and coming International horse which resulted in a full section.
Sunday we watched many amateur riders in the Blue Chip BE90 having a wonderful time. This group of grassroots competitors showed great determination, they had such fun out on the cross country although some were caught in a freak down pour mid-afternoon. The prize giving was packed with enthusiastic supporters. These classes have opened up many opportunities to join the sport.
Sponsors, Supporters, Volunteers and Emergency Services all rose to the challenge - without them there would be no Horse Trials. Every event is short of volunteers and I know how busy life can be. British Eventing has over 11,000 members if you have never volunteered lift the phone, send an email and start today
It is always a pleasure and a privilege to work with our amazing land owners Mr and Mrs M Taylor. Brand Hall looked magnificent with so many people commenting on what a wonderful job our hosts have done in preserving this small part of old English heritage. Horse Trials are the only time these Estate gates are open and the sport relies on so many, every organiser is finding it tough to keep going - events need your help. I know competitors look at the entry fees and feel they have given enough but the expectations are so great now, in every area we expect excellence. Just take the recent hot weather which resulted in firm ground the team at Brand were out on the course on Friday night with three tractors and equivators. Each tractor did eight hours, the result was amazing with everyone praising the going, what a team but 3 drivers 3 tractors and 3 machines all have to be paid for.
Sponsorship is in short supply, new sponsors are very difficult to attract to the sport and my belief is that we must help our sport from within if we do not wish to have events lost from the calendar act now.
We feel very honoured to have your volunteer support which is much appreciated, every event needs more help - roll on 2018.
Joint Organiser Brand Hall International Horse Trials
Here comes Brand Hall 2017
- Published: 26 February 2017
As the 2017 British Eventing season gets underway we look forwards to welcoming everyone back to Brand Hall in June.
Once again the glorious grounds of the privately owned Brand Hall will play host to a range of National and International classes over 3 days of competition.
- Charles Owen British Pony Championships CICBCP*
- Rookery Park Stud CIC*
- Racesafe National under 18 Championships CCIJ1*
- Graham Heath Equestrian Structures Novice & Open Novice sections
- Blue Chip BE90 sections on Sunday
The on-site stabling will be open on the Thursday morning to welcome competitors in the CCIJ* and National Pony Championships and any other competitors that wish to purchase a stable for the duration of the event. In addition local off-site stabling is available on a nightly basis. Please note that all horses/ponies requiring on-site stabling must be vaccinated to current FEI rules.
XC Course Designer Janet Plant and XC Course Builder James Plant have spent the winter period pondering the changes to the courses for this year. As usual we can expect some bold open riding fences with a number of trickier, thought provoking, questions worthy of the championship classes being run.
We look forwards to welcoming you all to Brand Hall in June!